Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Week 3 EOC: My Demographics


I am from Generation X which means I am skeptical when it comes to buying the latest gadgets; I tend to do my own research because I want the most value for my money. You will never see me at 4:00 am on Black Friday to get that $300 computer. I feel the stroe will only have 5 maybe 10 computers at the most for this price, so is it really worthwhile spending all this time in line for the chace to get a $300 computer? Not for me. What really happens I think is people who do wait in line way before the store opens, spend more money on things they were not there to get in the first place. "From a marketing standpoint, the Gen Xers are more skeptical bunch. They tend to research products before they consider a purchase, preferring quality over quantity, and they tend to be less receptive to overt marketing pitches." ( Analyzing the Marketing Environment by Kotler Armstrong.)

Material things come and go and yes they can make life much more convenient, but for my Generation X things are just that 'things' material stuff that hold no sentimental value. I agree with the following quote "For many of the Gen Xers that are parents, family comes first - both children and their aging parents - and career second." (Analyzing the Marketing Environment by Kotler Armstron.)

No comments:

Post a Comment